Pescador de Sueños Cuishe is made by mezcalero Lioncio Sangiago, whose palenque is located on the outskirts of Santiago Matatlan, Oaxaca. The maguey Cuishe used to make this mezcal are part of the Karwinskii agave family, and the town of Santiago Matatlan is known as the “Mezcal Capital of the World.”
Pescador de Sueños Mezcal is a project of the Santa Sabia Distillery. They present unique collections of select mezcales in hope of rescuing the mysticism and folklore of this ancient Mexican tradition. The mythical emphasis of the brand shows in their name as well, which means “the fisherman of dreams.” They focus mostly on small-batch, rare mezcals that are exported mostly to Europe.
AROMA: An lovely earthy aroma with plenty of that classic smoky note.
TASTE: The palate has lots of black pepper and capsicum and that earthy note continues through to the finish.
ENJOY: Sipping mezcal is enjoyed slowly and with friends.
Production NotesPlease note: Every care has been taken to ensure our production notes are as acurate as possible. Where you detect any issues, please let us know and we'll fix them right up.
- Master Distiller: Leoncio Santiago
- Maguey: Cuishe
- Town/ Village: Santiago Matatlan
- State: Oaxaca
- Classification: Artisanal Mezcal
- Expression: Joven
- Cooking method: Conical Earthen Pit
- Extraction method: Horse Drawn Tahona
- Fermentation: Wooden Fermentation Tubs
- Still type: Copper Pot
- Distillation: Double
- Age Statement: Unaged
- ABV: 49.0 %
- Website: http://www.xn--pescadordesueos-brb.com/
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.